What do I use to log on to a Humber computer?
- Humber students: the username is your MyHumber log-in.
- Your original password is emailed upon registration. Passwords expire one year from the last time they are changed.
I’m a Humber student/staff, how do I log on to the secure wireless network?
- Click on the myWi-Fi @Humber icon and then choose “connect to network”.
- For smartphones: select PEAP under EAP method and MSCHAPV2 phase 2.
- Type in your Humber user ID and password to connect.
- For more details, go to the Humber ITS secure wireless page.
I’m a visitor to Humber, how do I connect to the Wi-Fi?
- Click on the "Welcome to Humber" icon.
- Open any web browser.
- Select “Guest Wireless Access”, not the myWi-Fi option.
- For more details, go to the Humber ITS wireless page.
Does the Library have my course textbook?
- Know the title? Search the catalogue to see if we have it.
- Don't know the title? Come to the reference desk for a list organized by course number or check the bookstore's inventory.
How do I place a hold and/or renew books?
- See the help videos for details.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you. The email will be sent to the email you have listed as your Preferred email in MyHumber.
- Add email@example.com to your safe-senders list.
Where do I return my books or videos when the library is closed?
- The North library has an after hours drop-off box on the 3rd Floor of the LRC and in the path connecting the LRC to the main campus.
- The Lakeshore library has an after-hours drop-off box on the wall to the right of the main library doors.
My professor has something for me to read - where do I find it?
- You can search the catalogue for your class readings. Search by instructor, course number or name.
- Get the reading at the circulation desk. Most reserves will have an hourly loan period, increased fine amounts and must remain in the library.
- See the Find class readings tutorial that walks you through the process.
Where can I or my group go to study?
- Book a room for your group online.
- You can book up to 2 weeks in advance.
- The time limit is 2 hrs/day per group.
- A chat and SMS info service brought to you by Ontario Colleges Library Service (OCLS) and participating Ontario college libraries.
- Use the service by clicking on askON in the right-side menu. You can chat or text 647-499-7565.
- Hours are Mon–Thurs: 11am-10pm and Fri-Sun: 11am-5pm.
- You may be connected to someone from outside your library system, but they can help you with your info needs.
- At the end of your chat you can print a transcript of your session or request it by email.
- Your email address is not stored and will not be used for any other purpose.
- See the Step-by-Step guide to MyHumber on how to access the site and the various services available.