Humber Libraries has a variety of items that can be borrowed - from books to portable plugs. Staff are available at the circulation desks (416-675-5079) to help library users with any borrowing questions.
- Users must have an active library account and show their card each time they borrow items. See the get account page for more information.
- The complete list of library items that can be borrowed is found on the Borrowing section of the policies page.
- To borrow (or check out) items, go to the circulation desks or use the self-check stations at the North campus.
- Items can be returned to any Humber campus location.
- The North library has an after hours drop-off box on the 3rd Floor of the LRC and in the path connecting the LRC to the main campus.
- The Lakeshore library has an after-hours drop-off box on the wall to the right of the main library doors.
- The Library sends an email reminder three days before items are due to help users avoid late fines.
- Users are responsible for returning items on/before the due date or late fines will be charged to the account.
- Users with overdue items cannot borrow other items.
- Once an item is returned, the same user cannot borrow that item until the following day.
Library Use Only
There are a few items that can only be used in the Library. These items include:
- Course reserves - readings that professors assign to students.
- Print journals and magazines.
- Print reference books, such as encyclopedias, directories and songbooks.
- Archive collection (such as course calendars) at the North campus.
- Log-in with your Humber username and password to access eBooks, streaming videos and online journals/magazines.
- Access is seamless to library article or eBook links found in Blackboard courses.
Barcode and PIN
- Log-in with your library barcode number and PIN to place holds on items in the library catalogue.
- For Humber students: the PIN is the last 4 digits of your N-number. The PINs for other users can be found in the My Account page.
- The My Account page also has the review and renew items log-in boxes. Watch the video tutorials for details.