Welcoming your point of view at Humber Libraries.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and dynamic students to be a part of SLAC for 2017-18. There will separate committees at North and Lakeshore campuses.
What Will SLAC Members Do?
- Be a student ambassador for your library and program.
- Give input on library services, spaces and collections.
- Get actively involved in special library events, campus orientations and initiatives.
- Have the opportunity to turn library ideas and suggestions into a school project.
What SLAC members get in return?
- Expand your understanding of library research, services and systems.
- Gain committee experience and networking opportunities.
- Enhance your resume by developing volunteer and advocacy skills.
- Make a difference to your library.
- Attend 2-3 meetings per semester, no longer than 2 hours each.
- Be responsive to online communication with SLAC facilitators.
- Volunteer at our annual RECESS event and/or other opportunities
About SLAC >
Humber Libraries strives to encourage, maintain and exchange dialogue between library staff and Humber’s diverse student population through its commitment to the development of a Student Library Advisory Council.
The goals of SLAC are to:
- Help identify and prioritize gaps in library services to improve the overall student experience.
- Be a forum for students to give feedback to the library on service expectations.
- Create a positive, inclusive and collaborative relationship between the student community and Humber Libraries.
- Impart SLAC members with a greater understanding of research, collections, information literacy and library services.
- Increase student awareness of the library by being ambassadors for their programs.
- Give SLAC members the opportunity to gain volunteer experience and explore their professional and creative potential within a college environment.
Contact SLAC >
Your Facilitators: North Campus
- Aliya Dalfen, Liaison Librarian
- Denise Rooney, Learning Commons Coordinator
Your Facilitators: Lakeshore Campus
- Sandra Herber, Liaison Librarian
- Stefanie Read, Copyright Technician
SLAC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org