Book Request and Delivery Service (BRADS) provides current students, faculty, and staff access to books from the print library collection without having to visit the library in-person.
Offered by the Humber and University of Guelph-Humber libraries, this service is available at no charge to support studying and teaching needs for those who are currently studying/working remotely or unable to visit campus.
When available, print items can be shipped directly to library users within Ontario at no cost.
Book Request and Delivery Service Instructions
1. Search for print books using Page1+, Humber Libraries’ new search found at the top of every library.humber.ca page.
- General collection books are available to request for delivery.
- For assistance searching for items, please contact our Research Help service.
2. Sign-in to view the Place Hold option in the Get It section of the book record.
3. Complete the Place Hold form.
- Check the “request home delivery” option if desired.
- An automated message will be sent by email when your items are ready for pick-up.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list to ensure successful message delivery.
4. For home delivery, library staff will contact users to gather shipping information for UPS delivery.
- Items can returned to campus dropboxes, or shipped back to the library at no cost to users.