Book Request and Delivery Service (BRADS) provides current students, faculty, and staff access to books from the print library collection without having to visit the library in-person.
Offered by the Humber and University of Guelph-Humber libraries, this service is available at no charge to support studying and teaching needs for those who are studying/working remotely or unable to visit campus.
When available, print items can be shipped directly to library users within Canada at no cost. Library staff will also explore electronic ebook copies when requested.
To ensure fair and equitable access to textbooks in our collection, users are limited to borrowing two textbooks at any one time. There is no limit on items from the library's general collection.
Book Request and Delivery Service Instructions
- Search for print books using the Library's Discover search, or search for print textbooks in the library Catalogue.
- General collection books or textbooks not already signed out are available to request for delivery.
- For assistance searching for items, please contact our Research Help service.
- Complete the Book Request and Delivery form.
- Requests will be responded to within 3 business days. Please add email@example.com to your safe sender list to ensure successful message delivery.
- If an eBook alternative is requested, library staff will investigate access.
- Once a print book request has been processed, library staff will contact users to gather shipping information for UPS delivery.
- When available, items will be checked out to users until May 6, 2022. Items can returned to campus dropboxes, or shipped back to the library at no cost to users.