The Math & Writing Centre at Humber Presents Our New
Virtual APA Workshops
Want to review APA basics?
Want to know what’s new in APA 7th Edition?
Got questions about APA special cases?
Join one of our free online workshops.
Monday, June 29 – 2-3pm
Thursday, July 2 – 2-3pm
Wednesday, July 8 – 1-2pm
Friday, July 10 – 2-3pm
Maximum 10 students
To sign-up, follow these steps:
1. Register in our online booking system www.humber.mywconline.com
2. Select the Writing Support Summer 2020 schedule
3. Click on one of the APA Workshop slots listed above
4. Fill out the form
5. Click on “Create Appointment"
If you need help signing up, please write to us at
There are two components to citing sources:
- In-text Citations are used when paraphrasing or quoting an author in your assignments.
- The References (APA) or Works Cited (MLA) page is the bibliography at the end of your assignments.
- The Publication Manual of the APA is available at the reference desk. There are also circulating copies at BF76.7 .P83 2010.
- Use our general APA Tip Sheet or the tips for business sources.
- Read the formatting and style guidelines from the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL).
- Watch our APA in Minutes videos for help with citing your sources. Choose from the new 7th edition videos or the 6th edition videos.
- The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers is available at the reference desk. There are also circulating copies at LB2369 .M53 2009.
- See the formatting and style guidelines from the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL).
- View the specific rules from Purdue for the following:
Other Citation Support
- APA and MLA guides from Seneca College.
- APA and MLA tutorials from the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Legal citations from Camosun College.
- Microsoft Word has a bibliography and citation builder.
- NC State University offers http://lib.ncsu.edu/citationbuilder
- The Landmark Project offers http://citationmachine.net
- Zotero and Mendeley are popular and free to use.
- Staff at the Writing Centre are available to help you.
- North campus: Room 3020, 3rd Floor LRC.
- Lakeshore campus: Room F201.
APA Amazing Race
- The Library created an APA Amazing Race package for faculty to use in the classroom.
- The game require some time to put together but is really fun and works well to help teach APA in an interactive way.
- Download the zip file from the Library website.
OWL Purdue Workshop
- Purdue has created a very thorough online workshop to help students understand APA.
- Access the workshop from OWL's new page.