Resources by Topic
Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation (McGill Guide)
- The authoritative guide to Canadian legal citation rules for citing case law, legislation, periodicals, books, and government documents.
Canadian Legal Information Institute
- Contains statutes and case law from Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial jurisdictions.
Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations
- Provides definitions for abbreviations of legal publications from Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States as well as major foreign language publications.
- Contains case law and legislation, as well as Martin's Annual Criminal Code, Martin's Related Criminal Statutes, Canadian Criminal Cases (C.C.C.) and Master Table of Cases.
Department of Justice Canada
- Contains Canadian government statutes and regulations from the Canadian Department of Justice.
- Contains official copies of Ontario’s statutes and regulation.
- Contains Canadian and international law journals, Canada Supreme Court Reports, Provincial Statutes of Canada and Constitutions of the World.
Irwin Law Collection
- Access 150+ authoritative Irwin Law titles.
- To view the full list of titles from the vlex/Justis homepage:
- click Browse > Books & Journals > Irwin Law > Irwin Law Books.
- Do not click the "View all" link that may temporarily appear. The list will eventually populate in place. It may take up to 15 seconds to appear.
- Contains case law, legislation, and legal journals and includes The Canadian Abridgment, The Canadian Encyclopedic Digest, the Index to Canadian Legal Literature.
- Contains legal information, including case summaries, Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, legal journal articles, and some legal textbooks.
- Is an online Canadian legal magazine published since 2005.
Thomson Reuters Law eBooks
- Contains the following eBooks: Canadian Employment Law, Breathalyzer Law in Canada, Ontario’s Equity Laws, Collective Bargaining and Agreement, Debt Collection, Government Liability: Law and Practice, Handling a Family Law Matter in Ontario, Law of Domestic Conflict in Canada and Law of Human Rights in Canada: Practice and Procedure
- Contains an extensive collection of Canadian case law, legislation, and secondary sources from the LawSource and CriminalSource platforms, including: Canadian Abridgment Digests, Canadian Encyclopedic Digest and Martin’s Annual Criminal Code.
Choose from the list to find library resources specific to that type.
My Program or My Topic
Choose the letter for your Humber program to find that research guide or choose a topic to find relevant Humber databases. UofGH program support is also available.