Resources by Topic
- The Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation (McGill Guide) is a guide to citation of legal materials.
- It provides comprehensive rules for citing case law, legislation, periodicals, books and government documents.
- CanLII makes primary sources of Canadian law accessible.
- Includes statutes and case law from federal, provincial and territorial jurisdictions.
- Provides meanings of abbreviations for legal publications from Canada, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and the United States.
- Includes a selection of major foreign language law abbreviations.
- Features Martin's Annual Criminal Code, Martin's Related Criminal Statutes, Canadian Criminal Cases (C.C.C.) and Master Table of Cases.
- Canadian statutes and regulations prepared by the Department of Justice Canada.
- Contains consolidated versions of most of Ontario's public statutes and regulations that are up to date within 14 days of enactment of a new law or amendment of an existing law.
- An image-based, government document and legal research database, includes Canadian and international law journals, Canada Supreme Court Reports, Provincial Statutes of Canada, Constitutions of the World and more.
- Titles include: Criminal Law, The Law of Torts, The Law of Evidence, Legal Research and Writing.
- On-campus access: use this link to the Irwin collection.
- Titles available on mobile app (DITA reader).
- Provides access to a wide-range of Canadian legal resources including The Canadian Abridgment, The Canadian Encyclopedic Digest, Index to Canadian Legal Literature, case law, legislation, and legal journals.
- Access news, business and legal information from thousands of sources.
- Search the library's print collection.
- Lexis Quicklaw Advance provides access to full-text Canadian court decisions and a wide variety of primary and secondary legal resources.
- A Canadian legal co-operative forum to share knowledge, offer advice and instruction on all aspects of law.
- Contributors include law faculty, lawyers, law librarians, and legal publishers.
- Canadian Employment Law, Breathalyzer Law in Canada, Ontario’s Equity Laws
- Collective Bargaining and Agreement, Debt Collection, Government Liability: Law and Practice
- Handling a Family Law Matter in Ontario, Law of Domestic Conflict in Canada, Law of Human rights in Canada: Practice and Procedure
- WestlawNext is a platform which provides access to key Canadian and international law resources and finding tools, including LawSource and CriminalSource.
- The platform features quick links to core resources such as the Canadian Abridgement Digest and the Canadian Encyclopedic Digest.
Choose from the list to find eResources specific to that type.
My Program or My Topic
Choose the letter for your program to find eResources and tips specific to you. You can also choose a topic to find relevant eResources.