The Canadian Copyright Act includes education as a purpose in the fair dealing provision. As a result, what is allowed on reserve has changed.
Humber faculty who would like to place items (books, DVDs, Audio CDs) on reserve need to have a library account.
- Complete the relevant Reserve Form for each course. The forms are available online or from staff at the circulation desks.
- Bring the completed form and items to the circulation desk at least 3 business days in advance of the required date for distribution.
- Reserve staff will contact faculty at the end of each semester to inquire if the items are needed for the coming semester.
Guelph-Humber courses: See the details at the Guelph-Humber Course Reserves page.
- There can only be a maximum of 2 copies of one title on reserve at each campus.
- Items in the Library's textbook and reference collections cannot be placed on reserve. However, faculty can place their personal copies of these items on reserve.