The new Copyright Act has included education as a purpose in the fair dealing provision. As a result, what's allowed on reserve has changed.
- Faculty who want to place items on reserve need to have a library card.
- Complete a reserve request form for each course.
- Reserve Forms are available at the circulation desk or can be printed using the following links: Humber Book Reserve Form or Guelph-Humber Reserve Form.
- Bring the completed form and items to the circulation desk at least 3 business days in advance of the required date for distribution.
- There can only be a maximum of two copies of one title on reserve at each campus.
- Items in the Library's textbook and reference collections cannot be placed on reserve. Faculty can place their personal copies of these items on reserve.
- AV materials (DVDs or Audio CDs) can be placed on reserve. Faculty who wish to place these materials on reserve must fill out the Humber AV Materials Reserve Form.
- Reserve staff will contact faculty at the end of each semester to inquire if the items are needed for the coming semester.