Course Reserves

The new Copyright Act has included education as a purpose in the fair dealing provision. As a result, what's allowed on reserve has changed.

Reserve Procedures

  • Faculty who want to place items on reserve need to have a library card.
  • Complete a reserve request form for each course.
  • Reserve Forms are available at the circulation desk or can be printed using the following links: Humber Book Reserve Form or Guelph-Humber Reserve Form.
  • Bring the completed form and items to the circulation desk at least 3 business days in advance of the required date for distribution.
  • There can only be a maximum of two copies of one title on reserve at each campus.
  • Items in the Library's textbook and reference collections cannot be placed on reserve. Faculty can place their personal copies of these items on reserve.
  • AV materials (DVDs or Audio CDs) can be placed on reserve. Faculty who wish to place these materials on reserve must fill out the Humber AV Materials Reserve Form.
  • Reserve staff will contact faculty at the end of each semester to inquire if the items are needed for the coming semester.